MEFCU continues to serve our community during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Financial institutions, including credit unions, are considered to be essential businesses and we will remain open, offering a modified range of services.
Call Center, online banking, and secure messaging all remain available. We also offer a range of digital banking options to help serve our members. We will continue to update you as we monitor the situation, bearing in mind announcements from government officials and the CDC.
We want to assure our members that we continue to live by the values that earned our #1 ranking by Forbes magazine, as the top credit union in the state of Minnesota.
Services by Location
As the spread of COVID-19 continues, our priorities remain the safety and health of our members and staff. We have adjusted our services to limit employee exposure throughout this time by implementing best practices as recommended by the CDC.
As a precaution, the following offices have adjusted their services until further notice.
Lobbies are temporarily closed, Drive-ups are open:
Lobbies are open by appointment only:
Also, please note our DAHLC Office is closed starting Wednesday, March 18th due to the building closure.
Safe Deposit Access
With the office lobby closures, our safe deposit boxes will not be available. If you have a critical need regarding your box, please contact us.
We understand that the COVID-19 is more than a health concern, and the economic impact continues to grow. As a member of MEFCU, our priority is ensuring you don’t have to worry about your financial health during these uncertain times. To that end, we have options and resources to help ease your financial stress during this time.
- Financial Guidance - Our full-time Financial Counselor is available to you for free consultation and financial expertise.
- Loan Payment Flexibility - If your financial situation is such that loan payment deferrals or other payment flexibility is needed, simply call us and we’ll work together, based on your personal situation.
- Credit Cards - We provide expedited approvals for new credit cards or line of credit increases.
- Unsecured Loan Approval - Do you find yourself worrying about your debt? Has COVID-19 had an impact on your work schedule or income? We are here to help and we love saving our members money!
- Consumer Loan Assistance - Contact us today if you need assistance with loans at other providers. Our low rates, no cost refinances for secured loans, as well as 3-month payment deferrals can help ease your financial burden during these uncertain times, and may save you money over the life of your loan.
- Managing Your Finances - Feeling uncertain on what to do next? Find out answers to questions you may have on CARES Act, furlough, retirement funds and more.
Rest assured, MEFCU remains safe and secure in these turbulent economic times.
Beware of Scams
Scammers are always looking to take advantage of scenarios that leave people distracted or vulnerable. Be cautious with emails, keep anti-virus software up-to-date, and exercise caution regarding charities, products, or investment opportunities related to coronavirus. Read more...
We're Here for You
We know that our members feel as though they are carrying the world on their shoulders right now. We appreciate all you are doing to take care of our community. Thank you for your patience while we work through this. We are all in this together.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us. In times of uncertainly, please know caring for our members remains our priority.